I read these in an email doing the rounds:
- There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. Ben Williams
- Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job. Franklin P. Jones
- I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. Rita Rudner
- Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. Franklin P. Jones again.
- The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce
- If your dog is fat, you aren’t getting enough exercise. Anonymous
I got a shock yesterday when I noticed the date – only a month to Christmas! I have never been so behind in my shopping - I normally start in the January sales and stock up through the year. My kids are gonna cry come December 25th when all they get is three pairs of socks and a tin of deodorant.
The prompt for this week’s Big Tent was a wordle. I used all of the words but I could only manage three senryu, and I’m not particularly happy with them.
A mother cupped
her baby’s face with a gentle
hand: peace was restored.
ancient boiler fork-lifted
away from the site.
A Reason To Stay Awake
Words clunk from my nib.
Once hung in the air – studied -
lush rhymes will follow.
For a linked senryu on what South Africa sounded like to me, go to my other blog: South Africa: A Love/Hate Story.