How long do you think you could go without a shower?
It depends on the shower. I went for weeks without a shower while the bathroom was re-fitted. I can go at least every other day now it’s back; it’s not like I ever get dirty cleaning the house, is it? I could move to Antarctica: on base there, you are only allowed to take two, two-minute showers a week.
- April showers: I can manage from May to March without breaking a sweat.
- Meteor showers: I’d like to see one, but from a distance; so I would have to say ‘indefinitely’.
- Showers of blessings: I’d like them all the time.
- Cold showers: too tired to ever need one.
- My family (usually referred to scornfully by me as ‘that shower!’): not at all; somebody has to go out for the Maltesers.
Napoleon once wrote to Mrs Napoleon, ‘I’ll be home in a week – don’t bathe till I get there.’ That’s my kind of man.