M was, of course, for Maltesers, as most of my many musers managed to mention in the comments.
There were some other submissions:
- M&Ms. A majority of my readers are from across the mighty Atlantic so this was the most popular suggestion. Meh, as my eldest son might say – a meagre replacement for the greatest sweet (candy) to ever live.
- Malted Milk Balls: the imitation – almost a mockery – of my magnificent Maltesers. Meh meh.
- Meals. An assumption that makes sense, given my interminable meanderings on foods I most adore – Maltesers, mainly.
- Motherhood. Well, yes, maybe I like being a mum; but do I like being a mum as much as I like Maltesers? It’s a moot point.
- Muffins. Mojitos. Marzipan. Idiosyncratic Eye knows me well enough to remain with the food theme. However… Marzipan – yuck yuck yuck! Mojitos – got an impression it’s booze, so IE doesn’t know me that well yet. Muffins – good choice. But English or American…?
- Money. Not something I crave, unless it’s to pay for the Maltesers I’ve amassed.
- Aquatom was right: M’s for many of ‘em. Yes, Tom; I did see what you did there. Consider me cheesy grinning.
- Patti suggested it was so easy, I should write another post. Here it be, Patti.
- Marabou chocolate was sent to me by comment link. Many compliments to my new best mate, Viveka, who knows a request for a bribe when she hears one.
- Commiserations to my ex-best mate, Viveka, who made the mistake of imagining I wouldn’t want to receive many more Maltesers than I presently have stashed in my store room.
- More congratulations go to Slip Martin (my son’s name for him), who magnificently monitored over many of my posts that there was only one word in the English language that started with M…MALTESERS. A man of discernment.
Summary: Mention Maltesers and my mood is one of amiable harmony and merriment; and you will be gifted with the honorarium of an over-emmed post.
Many thanks for making me smile.