Two news items this week.
From The Telegraph:
A human finger found inside a fish in Idaho was traced to a man who lost four fingers in an accident months before.
A fisherman cleaning a trout found a severed finger inside and gave it to the police, who traced it, via the fingerprint, to Hans Galassi, 31, who lost it (along with the other three) while wakeboarding.
“The sheriff called me and told me he had a strange story to tell me,” Mr Galassi said [...] ”I was like: Let me guess, they found my fingers in a fish.”
I wonder if he sulked when only one finger was found? It would give new meaning to the term trout pout.
Apparently, he declined the finger’s return.
Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Gary Johnston said the agency will keep the digit for a few weeks in case he changes his mind.
From our very own Stockport Express:
A horrified mum bit into a supermarket sandwich – and discovered she had eaten a chunk of a ‘hairy creature’ inside.
Katie Crabtree, 31, was shocked to discover what she believes was a small, dead rodent in her pre-packaged sandwich bought from Tesco at Portwood.
Here’s a photograph:
Be honest: would you eat that? Me neither; that bacon looks congealed.
I always avoid pre-packed sandwiches; I’m not keen on mayonnaise cardboard with a side serving of plastic (mouse optional).
On the subject of disgusting things in food, my family have a meal time saying:
I’ve got the hair.
My hair is so long now that, despite tying it back and covering it with a cap when I cook, some always escapes and makes its way onto a plate (oddly, never mine; it is not homing hair). The family have got so used to it, no food is ever wasted.
If I find anything besides malt or chocolate in a Malteser, I’m going on a diet. I’ll only eat one box a day. Just to be safe.
Accident or design?
Today’s quote when this post published:
Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers.