To relieve it, I have gathered together some funny and/or interesting stuff. You can thank me by reciprocating in the comments with your own funny or interesting stuff.
- Children are a great comfort in your old age — and they help you reach it faster, too. Lionel Kauffman.
- One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child’s name and how old he or she is. Erma Bombeck.
- Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped. Sam Levenson.
- The longest war in history was between The Netherlands and The Scilly Isles. It ended in 1986 after 335 years.
- Peanuts are an ingredient of dynamite.
- A sneeze travels at over 100mph.
- The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
- The names of the continents start and end with the same letter.
- You cannot lick your elbow (yes, I know it’s an old one but I promised you dull stuff).
- When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second.
- The only word in the English language to end in ‘mt’ is ‘dreamt’.
- People laugh on average thirteen times a day.
- The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth.
- Polar bears are left-handed.
- Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace.
- Babies are born without kneecaps.
This post first appeared three years ago. Fact.