The question was once asked, How long do you think you could go without a shower?
I would answer, It depends on the shower.
- Bathroom Shower: I went for weeks without a shower while the bathroom was re-fitted. I can go at least every other day now it’s back; it’s not like I ever get dirty cleaning the house, is it? I could move to Antarctica: on base there, you are only allowed to take two, two-minute showers a week.
- April showers: I can manage from May to March without breaking a sweat.
- Meteor showers: I’d like to see one, but from a distance; so I would have to say ‘indefinitely’.
- Showers of blessings: I’d like them all the time.
- Cold showers: Too tired to ever need one.
- My family (usually referred to scornfully by me as ‘that shower!’): Not at all; somebody has to go out for the Maltesers.
Napoleon once wrote to Mrs Napoleon, ‘I’ll be home in a week – don’t bathe till I get there.’ That’s my kind of man.
Some more bathing quotes:
- People shop for a bathing suit with more care than they do a husband or wife. The rules are the same. Look for something you’ll feel comfortable wearing. Allow for room to grow. Erma Bombeck
- Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression. Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle
- I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Joan Rivers and/or Rodney Dangerfield
- Basically my wife was immature. I’d be at home in the bath and she’d come in and sink my boats. Woody Allen
- Last Wednesday, I stupidly dropped my iPhone in the bath, and my life has sort of spiraled almost out of control. Patrick Stewart
Read more at brainyquote.com
And finally, here’s a little something I came across that I think most of you will enjoy. It has nothing to do with our theme, except that the purists among you might feel the need to take a shower when it’s done.
Part of this post first appeared two years ago.
- Youtube Star Bathroom Shower Curtain (internetsiao.com)