It’s drafty in here – 31 draft posts, to be precise. Trolling through them for tomorrow’s joke, I came across this one that I forgot to publish:
Do a post about your favorite posts from last month. Go take a look at everything you published in May. Pick the top 5 posts you liked the most, and put them together into a post for today, with commentary on what you’ve learned about those topics since then.
This took a while: May 2011 was my most prolific month – 91 posts. How do you manage to keep up with the reading? If you’ve got any sense you’ll just click ‘Like’ and move on.*
*I don’t mean it. Stay. Read. Visit a while. Comment. Tell your friends about me. All of them.
- What I’ve learned since then is that the Hub can never win an argument. Well, not so much learned, as proved.
- I’ve learned that I’m a bore when I talk about my favourite book. Also that I don’t care: it’s my favourite book; it should be everybody’s favourite book.
- I’ve learned that a child can leave home, live dangerously, and Mother can survive. Not like it, but survive it.
- I didn’t learn anything about our brave soldiers, because I already know they are the finest in the world; but I did learn yesterday that Tévez wants to leave City. That’s fine; I prefer my footballers pretty, anyway. I’m not offended at all, even though we made him a football hero and one week of his wages could fund twenty real heroes.
- I’ve learned nothing about Moldova since this post. Shame on me. Is it a country?