I Would LOVE To Pay Tax

21 Oct

 

What is the best way to tax people?

Provide enough jobs so they can pay some would be a start.

*

What’s your opinion of the Occupy movement and 99%?

If people had jobs they wouldn’t have time or energy to protest about the economy; they’d be a part of it.

*

Does technology help you write?

Yes.  Duh.  So does not having a job – it gives me time.  Trouble is, I’m so busy writing, I’m not out there protesting about not being part of the economy.  Or finding a job.

*

Write a review of the last movie you saw.

You only asked me that because you know I don’t have a job and spend all day watching telly, didn’t you?

*

Make a list of 5 things you’re afraid to write about.

  • Finding a job
  • Not finding a job
  • Job hunting
  • How there aren’t many jobs out there at the moment
  • Ants

*

Pick a topic from the list, and write about it.

I hate the way ants swarm.  The only thing they’re good for is marrying uncles with wiry hair, and expensive Christmas presents.

I’m kidding; I have great aunts.  And great-aunts.  But not great ants. 

*

Should everything be done in moderation?

Yes, with four exceptions:

  • Job hunting
  • Christmas
  • Maltesers
  • Ants – they should be wiped from the face of the earth.  If we set all the Occupy, 99% and jobless people on the task, it could be done in a week.

*

*

 

 

14 Responses to “I Would LOVE To Pay Tax”

  1. vivinfrance October 21, 2011 at 11:04 #

    I just did a double take on your ants pun! 😀

    Like

  2. Big Al October 21, 2011 at 14:41 #

    Like the man said: “It would be nice if we could pay our taxes with a smile, but normally cash is required.”

    Like

  3. SchmidleysScribbling October 21, 2011 at 16:19 #

    So tell me Tilly, How long have you had this problem with ants?? Have they crawled up your pants since you been sitting with the OWS crowd. Bad lot that crowd.

    A recent survey showed 85 percent of the have jobs they will be losing soon and the other 15 percent have trust funds.

    Like

  4. Patti October 21, 2011 at 20:07 #

    Nice. I had similar responses to yours about a couple of these but they’re much more interesting put together in a story.

    Like

  5. kateshrewsday October 21, 2011 at 22:18 #

    It’s the numbers with ants, isn’t it? There must be some maths in there somewhere, Tilly.

    And jobs. We must work out how to make the requisite income writing…if you figure out how, let me know….

    Like

  6. Christina Does It All October 21, 2011 at 23:35 #

    Job-Finding/Hunting is sucky. Good luck!
    You could be a stand up comedian!?

    Like

    • Tilly Bud October 22, 2011 at 07:21 #

      I really couldn’t; I can’t tell a joke to save my life. I always muck it up. 😉

      Like

  7. klrs09 October 21, 2011 at 23:53 #

    I’m with you all the way on the ants. They are the scourge of my existence in the summer. We even had the damn things inside the house this summer. But, we found this really fun foam stuff to spray in their nests and around the doorways and it took good care of them. For a while anyway. I’m sure they’ll be back next summer. Ah, summer, how I miss it already. . .

    Like

  8. ElizOF October 22, 2011 at 08:07 #

    I don’t mind taxes as long as they are equitable and affordable. TY! 🙂

    Like

  9. Perfecting Motherhood October 25, 2011 at 06:37 #

    Ants and spiders! My husband tells me the spiders get rid of the ants. I tell him, if we didn’t have ants in the first place, the spiders wouldn’t try to get them…

    Like

I welcome your comments but be warned: I'm menopausal and as likely to snarl as smile. Wine or Maltesers are an acceptable bribe; or a compliment about my youthful looks and cheery disposition will do in a pinch.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: