I was surprised at the reaction to this photo yesterday, because it looks so obvious to me that it is make up, and I have a towel around me to protect my clothes.
I promise the Hub never laid a hand on me. I take violence against women seriously and I would never make light of it, nor stay with a man who thought it was okay to knock me about.
I was touched that you wanted reassurance. I would never have used this photo if I thought it would be misunderstood.
If you’d like to know how I feel about attacks on women, read this post.
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) (secularjustice.wordpress.com)
- Violence against women on rise (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Sherrod Brown Fights to Reauthorize Violence Against Women Act (asohiogoes.wordpress.com)
- Violence against women touches new heights (nation.com.pk)
- WENDY KAMINER: What’s wrong with the Violence Against Women Act. “A bill that was designed to rect… (pjmedia.com)
- HUMAN RIGHTS: Amina Filali: The Face of Violence Against Women in Morocco (worldmomsblog.com)
- Moore, a rape victim, decries violence (politico.com)
- Susan Carbon Talks to Forbes about Violence Against Women (annecarolinedrake.com)
- Neutrality is Not an Option in Violence Against Women Claims (crimedime.com)