I never say that enough, so I’ll say it again:
Dear Reader, thank you for your comment.
Now, do you mind not talking?
No, no, I’m not asking you to stop commenting; I’m asking if you mind that at the moment you are commenting into a vacuum? That we are not having our usual fun conversations? To whit: one Bud, Tilly has not been returning your calls?
What do you mean, you hadn’t noticed?
I blame Nano. I decided to do my Nano writing in the afternoons because I won’t give up my blogging time and it turns out that the Hub was right – I do spend all my time on that swear word* computer. I am two weeks into writing a novel in which one abandoned mother, one widowed traffic warden, four kids and one bracelet all solve a mystery (I’m glad they’re doing it, because I can’t). In the past, I must have replied to your comments in the afternoons because I have hardly managed to do them while I’ve been occupied this past fortnight.
*Insert your own swear word according to your preferred level of vulgarity.
I have decided, in this post, to answer the general tenor of the comments rather than each and every one individually (my 100,000 comments target just slipped out of my grasp, but my tired eyes need respite). So, in no particular order, here are my replies to your comments. See if you can spot which one is yours:
- Thank you.
- Thanks, [insert name]
- Thank you🙂
- Thank you😀
- Thank you for your support🙂
- Thank you for your support😀
- Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it.
- I don’t, that’s for sure!
- I don’t blame him.
- I don’t really know.
- I do.**
- It is.
- It isn’t.
- I’m glad.
- I’m sorry.
- Feel free!
- I write joke posts a few at a time and schedule them for 04:00 every day.
- Well done!
- That’s good!
- I like the idea.
- I like the way you think.
- Kindred spirits!
- I like the idea, but it’s not for me.
- You’re new here, aren’t you?
- You are so sweet!
Combinations of one, two or three of the above responses may be made.
**I have to be careful using that one – it’s how I ended up married.
You know, I’m beginning to suspect you commenters are not missing much…
Some more answers:
- Are you a friend of Sheldon Cooper’s?
- You should write about sticks.
- I always do.
- It’s the only way to cope with this terrifying world.
- I have to. I don’t drive.
- My baubles will be out before then.
- I’m trying.
The Hub had the jab this afternoon. The doctor also gave him a form to hand in at reception so that he doesn’t go through this again, although he warned him he – and I quote – ‘may have to go though this again next year.’ You couldn’t make it up. Spud and I are going to have the jab as well. A local chemist is offering it at a tenner each. I can’t afford to get sick with everything I do and Spud is doing his A Levels. And I’m not sure that I’m not a little bit frightened as well – the doctor told the Hub that a flu pandemic is overdue and it’s better to be inoculated, just in case, because we don’t want to become vampires.
- I’ll let you know what the Queen replies.
- I’m sorry, but I think he’s going to kiss her in the end.
- If you grow up doing things a certain way, it will seem normal.
- I believe in a constitutional monarchy.
- Put down the pitchforks and go back to your homes!
- They are bread buns with sausage and egg on them.
- Carrier pigeons might work.
- It wasn’t meant to be creepy; it’s funny. But if I have to explain it, then I guess it isn’t. Good job I gave you three.
- Who knew Goldilocks was so popular?
- That may have been a slight exaggeration.
- I wish our judiciary had such latitude.
- I think I love you.****
- That may just be the best comment made this week.****
***This comment is reserved exclusively for Al, with a special nod to Robin.
****This comment is reserved exclusively for you.
You should find something appropriate to your comment amongst that lot and if you don’t, leave a comment and I’ll get back to you.
Thank you for your support😀