- It’s time to get new shoes when you stand on a coin and can tell if it’s heads or tails.
- What kind of shoes do spies wear? Sneakers.
- What happens if you eat yeast and shoe polish? Every morning you’ll rise and shine!
- A man with two left feet popped into the shoe shop and asked to try on a pair of Flip Flips.
- “I stand corrected!” Said the man in the orthopaedic shoes.
And finally…one I’ve posted before but I love it, so here it is again:
A man came across a ticket in an old coat from ‘Smith & Sons Shoe Repairs’, a local shoe repair shop. The date stamped on the ticket showed it was over eleven years old. He showed his wife and they tried to remember which of them might have forgotten to pick up a pair of shoes over a decade ago.
‘Do you think the shoes will still be in the shop?’ he asked.
‘Not very likely,’ his wife said.
‘It’s worth a try,’ he said, and went downstairs, got into the car, and drove to the store. With a straight face, he handed the ticket to the man behind the counter.
With a face just as straight, the man said, ‘Just a minute I’ll have to look for these.’ He disappeared into a dark corner at the back of the shop. Two minutes later, the man called out, ‘Here they are!’
‘Really?’ the owner of the shoes called back. ‘That’s terrific! Who would have thought they’d still be here after all this time.’
The man came back to the counter, empty-handed. ‘They’ll be ready Thursday,’ he said.