As you seem to like them so much…
A boy answers the phone. The caller asks, “Where are your parents?”
“They ain’t here!”
“Come on, son. Where’s your grammar?”
“My gramma ain’t here neither. She’s gone to church!”
- If “can’t” is the contraction for “cannot,” what is “don’t” short for? Doughnut.
- Is there a word in English that uses all the vowels including “y”? Unquestionably!
- “I am” is said to be the shortest sentence in the English language. The longest is “I do.”
- A pregnant woman went into labour and began to yell, “Couldn’t! Wouldn’t! Shouldn’t! Didn’t! Can’t!” She was having contractions. Garrison Keillor
- What kind of word would you invite to a fancy tea party? A proper noun.
- What word allows you to take away two letters and get one in return? Alone.
- Which two letters of the alphabet mean nothing? MT.
Jokes from grammarabout.com. Click on the cartoons for their links.