Guess what day it is…finally?
- Fifty is a powerful age for women. You can set off sprinkler systems with your hot flushes.
- By fifty, you’ve figured out that time is a great healer and a not-so-hot beautician.
- At 50 years old, life seems shorter. No point in spending it trying to make yourself disappear by dieting.
- 50 years old: you finally get your head together, but your body has other ideas.
- 50 years old. In Led Zeppelin terms, that’s halfway up the stairway to heaven.
- You’ve got four sizes of clothes in your closet, three of which you’ll never wear again.
- You spend more time trimming your nose hair than head hair.
- You realize with some irritation that your parents were right about nearly everything.
- The street vendor says “Yes, Ma’am” instead of “You got it, Darlin’.”
- Your high school yearbook is mouldy enough to support a thriving colony of algae.
- When you look in a full-length mirror, you can see your butt from the front.
- You’re still hot, but only in flashes.
- 50 years old means no more wearing speedos on the beach. This is a rule. Greg Tamblyn
- At 50, you’ve entered the stone age: gall, kidney, and bladder.
- 50 years old? Look on the bright side. The older you get, the more likely you are to outlive your child support payments. Melanie White
- The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down. T. S. Eliot
- Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. Tom Wilson
- The cardiologist’s diet: if it tastes good, spit it out. Paulina Borsook
- A man has reached middle age when he is warned to slow down by his doctor instead of the police. Henny Youngman
- Happy 20th anniversary of your 30th Birthday.
- Happy 50th Birthday!!! Let’s crack open a bottle of prune juice.
- At age 50, everyone has the face he deserves. George Orwell
- At fifty you’ve accumulated the knowledge and wisdom of half a century. This would be a tremendous asset if only darned senility hadn’t wiped your memory bank.
- You can finally sell those dreadful diet and exercise books that have sat unopened on the bookshelf for years.
- The best form of birth control for people over 50: nudity.
- I’m getting to an age when I can only enjoy the last sport left. It is called hunting for my spectacles.
- I’ve got everything I always had. Only it’s six inches lower.
- Now I’m over 50 my doctor says I should go out and get more fresh air and exercise. I said, ‘All right, I’ll drive with the car window open.’
- You’re getting past it when you invite women to spend a moderately grubby weekend with you.
- You know you’re getting older when a fortune teller offers to read your face.
When you’re over 50 you can still do all the things you did when you were 17, that’s if you don’t mind making a complete prat of yourself.
- You can only hold your stomach in for so many years.
You’re getting past it when you look forward to a dull evening in.
Are you going to have candles on your birthday cake? “No, it’s a birthday party, not a torchlight procession.”
You know you’re 50 when…
- Your face has more wrinkles than an elephant’s backside.
- You can look back on your 40th birthday and wonder what all the drama was about.
- You’re thankful when someone tells you that you have lipstick on your teeth because it means you still have teeth.
- You purchase your moisturizer by the case instead of by the jar.
- Hair dye goes on your shopping list under “essentials” instead of “luxuries.”
- That come hither look you used to have in your eyes just doesn’t look as enticing through your bifocals.
- Your once fabulous behind now looks more like a set of mud flaps.
- Your hot flashes result in savings on your heating bill.
- You finally understand that being over the hill beats being planted under it.
You know you’re 50 when…
- You now have more hair on your knuckles than you do on your head.
- Your idea of getting lucky is being able to find your car in Walmart’s parking lot on the first try.
- You have to use your GPS to locate your feet because you can’t see over your belly.
- Your trick knee goes out more than you do.
- Your idea of a hot time is putting a heating pad on your bad back.
- You want your kids to think you’re cool, so you ask them to help set up your own page on MyFace and you can’t understand what they’re giggling about.
- Getting some action means all those prunes your doctor is making you eat are doing their job.
- You and your teeth have decided that a separation is the best thing for your relationship.
- Getting high means it’s time to take your blood pressure medication.
Click on the images to see where they come from.