English: Road north from Little Snoring to Great Snoring (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I’m off to see the Ear, Nose & Throat doctor this afternoon, about my snoring. I have begun to suspect that all of this bad weather is caused by my sucking in the sun every time I inhale in my sleep.
Yes, I am that bad.
If you are wondering where Patrecia, Miss Whiplash, she who was always thinking about things, has gone to, it’s to a new blog, God’s Creatures, about animals.
She forgot to tell you what she was doing before she deleted her old blog.
I bet she snores; it’s hard to remember things when your head is aching from sleep-sniffing the entire contents of your bedroom.
Patrecia writes about animals, including her dogs.
Did you know that the calculation of 7 human years for every 1 dog year is incorrect? And did you like my smooth segue from one topic to another without the use of an asterisk? I should be on TV.
According to BBC News, it works like this:
For first two years:
- 12.5 years per human year for the first two years for small dogs
- 10.5 years per human year for the first two years for medium-sized dogs
- 9 years per human year for the first two years forlarge dogs
For years 3+:
- Small: Dachshund (Miniature) 4.32, Border Terrier 4.47, Lhasa Apso 4.49, Shih Tzu 4.78, Whippet Medium 5.30, Chihuahua 4.87, West Highland White Terrier 4.96, Beagle 5.20, Miniature Schnauzer 5.46, Spaniel (Cocker) 5.55, Cavalier King Charles 5.77, Pug 5.95, French Bulldog 7.65
- Medium: Spaniel 5.46, Retriever (Labrador) 5.74, Golden Retriever 5.74, Staffordshire Bull Terrier 5.33, Bulldog 13.42
- Large: German Shepherd 7.84, Boxer 8.90
The Village sign, Little Snoring, Norfolk (Photo credit: Wikipedia) I can only dream…
Time for my favourite-ever joke (from the film, Dumb & Dumber):
What do you get if you cross a Shih Tsu with a Bulldog?
Despite the funniest joke in the world, I think I’m in a bad mood. My head aches: my dog woke me an hour early for his breakfast, and wouldn’t take ‘no’ (or ‘Get lost, you horrible dog!’) for an answer. You’d think at age 39.34 he’d be able to fix his own breakfast.
He’ll be wanting me to run his shower for him next.
I think I’m mostly in a bad mood because a popcorn machine arrived this morning.
Do you like a lot of salt on your Hub?